Have you graduated from the Introduction to Scent Work course and are looking for ways to take your Scent Work training to the next level? Wonderful, you are in the right place! The goal with this course is having your dog approach each of these highly distracting, and oftentimes difficult, areas with focus and enthusiasm! Let the fun begin!
Now that your dog understands the game of Scent Work and has been successful in finding hides in an interior space and containers, we will push the envelope to include exterior and vehicle searches. How fun! In line with our Foundation Scent Work courses, we will introduce these concepts to your dog using primary alone, following the K9 Nose Work® training methodology. The goal will be to incrementally introduce these concepts to your dog, to help them overcome these oftentimes distracting and difficult search areas, while building and maintaining their love for the game. Over this 6-week span, you will learn how to set your dog up to succeed and further their progress. Let's get our sniffing on!
What You Will Need:
- your dog
- flat or martingale collar
- back-clip harness (optional)
- 6'-8' leash
- 10'-15' long line
- LOTS of high-value and smelly treats
- crate or area you can stage your dog in while setting up your searches
- minimum of 10 boxes of various sizes (good excuse to shop at Amazon!)
- plastic lid container from a yogurt or similar container
- earthquake putty or GlueDots
- 1-2 vehicles (e.g. car, SUV, truck, tractor, riding lawn mower, etc.)
- Introduction to Exterior Searches
- Using Boxes to Extend Your Exterior Searches
- Wind, Start Line and Distractors
- Introduction to Vehicle Searches
- Multiple Hides on A Vehicle
- Putting It All Together
An intensive learning opportunity, where you will submit homework and videos for the instructor to review, ask questions in the forum and more!
Perfect intermediary option. Have full access to the course materials, ask questions in the forum, but no need to submit videos or homework.