The NW2 Trial Prep class will mentally and physically prepare teams for NACSW™ NW2 trials. Some of the topics covered include training with distractions, searching for multiple hides and solving converging odor problems, how to read your dog sourcing an inaccessible hide, covering the search area, working under pressure as well as tips on how to prepare for the day of the trial will be covered.
Congratulations! You’ve passed an NW1 trial and now you’re onto NW2. In this level an additional odor (Anise) is added, an additional interior room is added, a possible additional vehicle is added, you can have multiple hides in each search (1-3) and the odor can be converging. You may have a distractor(s) in your container search and your containers can be made of plastic, metal or cardboard. That’s a lot of changes from NW1! No worries – this class will prepare you for whatever you might see in an NW2 trial so you can have a FUN and successful day with your best friend.
Team should have passed an NW1 trial and be proficient on Birch and Anise.
What You Will Need:
- your dog
- flat or martingale collar
- back-clip harness (optional)
- 6'-8' leash
- 10-15' long line
- LOTS of small, non-crumbly treats that YOUR dog finds rewarding
- 20-25 containers (cardboard, plastic or metals - at least the size of a shoe box)
- Odor kit that includes: Birch and Anise, several hide vessels (tins, tubes, straws) and way to secure your hides (Museum Putty, Glue Dots, etc.)
- Preparing for Trial
- Training for Distractions
- Searching for Multiple Hides
- Converging Odor Problems
- Inaccessible Hides
- Covering the Search Area
An intensive learning opportunity, where you will submit homework and videos for the instructor to review, ask questions in the forum and more!
Perfect intermediary option. Have full access to the course materials, ask questions in the forum, but no need to submit videos or homework.