Scent Study Buddy
Want someone to tell you what to practice, and get personalized feedback?
This ongoing course features monthly topics (so you don't have to think of what to practice), but enough flexibility that it can be tailored to where you are in your specific scent work journey.
Film your practice of the monthly topic, and submit a video (up to 3 minutes) once a week for analysis and feedback.
It's time to kick start your Scent Work training and get out of that funk! You can do just that with this ongoing course focused on helping you and your dog.
Every month you are part of the program, you will focus on a new skill. Here is a brief glimpse of what you will delve into:
- MONTH ONE: Going on the Road
- MONTH TWO: Start Lines and Thresholds
- MONTH THREE: Creative Containers
- MONTH FOUR: Confidence
- MONTH FIVE: Vehicles
- MONTH SIX: Rewarding
- MONTH SEVEN: Exteriors
- ...and much more!
NOTE: All enrollees will start at Month One and work their way through the program. The longer you are enrolled, the more material you get to work on!
Dog must be familiar hunting for at least one novel odor (ie. Birch, Anise and/or Clove).
What You Will Need:
- your dog
- flat or martingale collar
- 6'-8' leash
- 10'-15' long line
- LOTS of high-value and smelly treats
- crate or area you can stage your dog in while setting up your searches
- containers for practice sessions
- earthquake putty or GlueDots
- Birch ("Sweet Birch" aka Betula Lenta)
- Anise ("Aniseed" aka Pimpinella Anisum)
- Clove ("Clove Bud" aka Eugenia Caryophylatta)
- minimum of 10 tins with holes
How This Course Works
Enroll by the start date (new sessions will start on the 1st of every month):
- Receive access to all the Month One materials.
- Submit (1) video a week during that month to be reviewed and then receive detailed feedback from Natalie.
- You can combine several short searches into one video, bringing the total to a 3-minute video of sniffing goodness!
- At the end of the month, you may opt to leave the program OR continue your membership receive access to the Month Two materials, submit your videos and so on.
- This process will continue until you opt out of the program.
- You may opt out of the program at any time...but why would you?!
Scent Study Buddy Member
Ongoing learning experience
Get the individualized help you need!
Submit 1 video a week
Receive detailed feedback
Stay in the program as long as you like
Opt out at any time
NOTE: You will be directed to the Online Dog Training University website to complete your purchase.
This is where you will login and access your course and forum.