Common Pitfalls When Training Scent Work
When we are training Scent Work, especially in the beginning, there are some common pitfalls everyone should be mindful of and avoid. We cover five common pitfalls in this 90-minute webinar.
As with all dog training, there are lots of schools of thought when it comes to how to train Scent Work. However, regardless of your preferred method, there are some common pitfalls we all need be mindful of and avoid.
In this webinar, we will discuss 5 common pitfalls to steer clear from:
- Dogs creating a negative association with the odor.
- Dogs making assumptions about what the game is really all about.
- Dogs having limited endurance and tenacity in working out odor puzzles.
- Dogs becoming too heavily reliant on their handlers to sort out a given odor problem.
- Handlers projecting where the "correct answer" is.
Should You Take this Webinar?
- Are you training in Scent Work? Make certain you are aware of these pitfalls and avoid them as best as you can!
- Are you a Scent Work instructor? See if you can incorporate the suggestions into your own lessons to help shield your students from falling into these pitfalls.
- Why Dogs Can Create Negative Association with Odor
- Does Your Dog REALLY Know What the Game is All About?
- Baking in Limited Zeal to Search
- Find it For Me Human!
Meet Your Instructor:
Dianna L. Santos
Owner and Lead Instructor
AKC Scent Work Judge
USCSS CSD and Judge
AKC CGC and Trick Evaluator
Associate Trick Dog Instructor
ORDER THE RECORDED REPLAY
Full replay of webinar with all included resources.
Enjoy continual access - no time limits!*
*To maintain continual access, must purchase 1 webinar through any of our four online dog training platforms a year.
NOTE: You will be directed to the Online Dog Training University website to complete your purchase.
This is where you will access your webinar replay.