Why Independence Matters Webinar
Simply put: an independent hunter will be a better hunter. We discuss why this is true in this 90-minute webinar.
With the majority of dog sports and activities, the human is taking the lead. We show them which obstacles to take in agility or the specific behaviors we want them to do in obedience. We direct when they should eat their meals, where they can go potty, who they can greet and how...our dogs do not take the lead in most things in their lives.
Scent Work, by design, is different. They are the ones with the nose so they should be in the driver's seat. But more than just that, they should trust their own skills when working out a given odor puzzle. Especially if their handler is directing them to the exact opposite of what they need to do!
In this webinar, we will discuss why independence matters, how to assess if your dog is actually an independent hunter or if you are inadvertently making them more dependent on you.
Should You Take this Webinar?
- Are you training in Scent Work? See if you and your dog are where you should be and what types of adjustments you can make to your training.
- Are you a Scent Work instructor? Identify ways to better communicate the importance of independent hunting to your students; see if they are directing their dogs too much and find ways to help them come up with a different solution.
- Why Dogs Need to Take the Lead
- Who's Searching..You or Your Dog?
- How Dependent Hunting Negatively Affects the Search
- Assess How YOU Search
Meet The Speaker:
Dianna L. Santos
Owner and Lead Instructor
AKC Scent Work Judge
USCSS CSD and Judge
AKC CGC and Trick Evaluator
Associate Trick Dog Instructor
ORDER THE RECORDED REPLAY
Perfect option if you cannot attend the live webinar.
Enjoy access to replay for 1-full year.
NOTE: You will be directed to the Online Dog Training University website to complete your purchase.
This is where you will login and access your course and forum.