Great question! While SWU does feature a variety of highly qualified instructors who may approach the subject of Scent Work from different angles, all courses will be taught using positive reinforcement and reward-based training techniques. For our Foundation Courses, we start the dogs off with hunting for food, otherwise known as primary, to help cement their understanding of the game, to build their drive and enthusiasm while also setting them up to succeed. Our other Skills and Sports Course may use a variety of reinforcers, and handlers will be urged to find and use what works best for their own individual dog.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Long Are the Courses?
- How Much Do the Courses Cost?
- Does SWU Offer Installment Plans?
- How Do I Submit Payment?
- What Will Be Covered in the Course?
- Can I See What a Course Is Like?
- How Do I Register for a Course?
- Is There a Limit to Number of Courses I Can Enroll In?
- How Do I Access My Course?
- How Do I Go From One Lesson or Module to the Next?
- Which Devices Can I Play My Course On?
- How Do I Use the Course Forum?
- Who Do I Contact if I Have a Technical Issue with the Forum?
- Can I Submit Videos for Multiple Dogs in One Course?
- How Do I Give Feedback?